Shiny, believes nutrition is the key to success- personal, professional, and physical. The goal of all her consultation and guidance, is to make her clients understand their body and its needs and to ensure they meet their nutrition objectives in a safe and effective manner. Her mission is to share the transformative power of REAL FOOD. And that is EXACTLY what she has done.
“I have always believed that ‘YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT’ and eating as a process has to become more conscious than just habitual. Though the Modern-Day Science plays a key role in keeping us informed and updated about the nutritional values in the food we eat, our traditional ‘food and cooking’ has a lot of wisdom in it by itself. I have always encouraged my clients to find the right balance in both. FAD DIETS are a Big NO-NO for me because a Quick Fix can never be a Solution and the best foods to eat are the real and the whole ones for that is what the body needs”
KEY ASSIGNMENTS :
- Consultant of HAP Badminton Academy of Excellence, Rupa Tennis Academy
- Lecturer in sports nutrition- Department of Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine- Sri Ramachandra University (2009-2017)
- Key nutritionist in running Initial nutrition assessments for cricketers and overseeing menu for India Cricket League players in the year 2007
- Consultant and senior trainer with Fitness One – fitness studio, 2006
- Served as a sports nutritionist for Chemplast Cricket Team, First Division team – 2006-2007.
- Sports nutritionist – Fitness Foundation Academy – sports clinic by Dr. Kannan Pugazhendhi in YMCA College of Physical Education,Chennai.
- Part time lecturer in JBAS College ( certificate program in sports nutrition), YMCA college of Physical Education( Masters program in fitness, exercise rehabilitation and nutritional care)
- Nutrition manager - NICHE, Bangalore worked with Ms. Sheela Krishnaswamy, renowned nutritionist, president Indian Dietetic Association- in Bengaluru.
- Conducted sports nutrition workshops in the Annual conference of the IDA at Bengaluru, Kolkata also in Rajkot, Cochin
- Speaker at Hyundai, Mind Tree, DHL
- Regularly appears on television- Sun TV, Vijay Tv and Vikatan digital TV.
KEY CERTIFICATIONSShe has a Post graduate degree in Food Service Management and Dietetics and has further specializations from international institutes
- First Indian to be certified with Graduate Diploma in Sports Nutrition by International Olympic Committee
- Sports nutrition course from Sports Dietitians Australia
- Level 2- Kinanthropometrist of ISAK, New Zealand
HONORARY POSITIONS :
- Member: FSSAI Working committee on Sports Supplements
- Chairperson of the Website team, Indian Dietetic Association (former)
- Member: Board of Studies Madras University (Home Science): Instrumental in preparing syllabus for VALUE ADDED CERTIFICATE PROGRAM for UG and PG Home Science students
- Board member of studies member – Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sport University (TNPESU)
“EATING AND BECOMING HEALTHY SHOULD’NT JUST BE A GOAL, IT SHOULD BECOME A WAY OF LIFE AND I AM COMMITTED TO HELPING YOU ACHIEVE THAT”